It’s been a tumultuous several days– a veritable roller coaster of emotions and expectations. An all new kind of wild ride that caught me a little off guard to tell the truth. Just as I was ready to wave the white flag–the cavalry stepped in and pulled me to safety.
Here’s a brief run-down of the past couple days:
- enlisted the expertise of the brilliantly talented (and eerily like-minded) Mary Lee on reception decor and furnishings
- Chandelier over the dance floor
- Creating a speakeasy atmosphere in the entry
- gold, glitter and jaw dropping drama
- recruited the fabulously creative powerhouse, Joy Astle who brainstormed with Mary and filled in delicious details
- Painted wall panels to include logo (created on mats from pallet packs from Costco)
- balloons with glitter, lights and chandeliers
- entry planning and execution
- saved by the amazing “true life” Wonder Woman, Lisa Hatch, who corralled all the random and disconnected thoughts in my head
- Created spreadsheets with to do lists, menus, itineraries and sourcing
- Tracked down details and found the holes I didn’t realize were there
Cut out and started the four flower girl dresses
Spent far too long fighting with the “foiled taffeta” on the brides bodice. — Finally switched to silk (on Friday) and now things are going smoothly! There is no comparison. This is a close up of the interior of the underlining hand basted with the seam allowances catch stitched open.
We are adding a little beading to the neckline like this:
It’s going to be a whirlwind, but–wow–I can’t wait!!