Four days. Yikes


Only four days to the wedding.
Between the kidney stones, sewing setbacks, and general anxiety my timeline is a little behind.
It took quite a bit of maneuvering but here are some looks at laying out the tulle layers for the gown skirt.

20140127-184917.jpg

20140127-185138.jpg
At one point, we were crawling under the table to get to the other side. 100 yards of tulle takes up a lot of surface area. When we finally got it all tacked and basted together we had a lovely tulle roll.

20140127-185406.jpg

 

Before trimming the tulle hem edge, I needed to finish the lining layers.  This fabric sandwich included a layer of lining covered with a double layer of netting (to give the lining/skirt some body to support all the tulle layers) with the taffeta fabric on top.

I needed to add some stability to the lining hem, but I didn't want a crisp edge so I padded the hem with satin flannel and shaped the crinoline over it.

I needed to add some stability to the lining hem, but I didn’t want a crisp edge so I padded the hem with satin flannel and shaped the crinoline over it.

20140127-185453.jpg

The fabric lining and underlining sandwich is pinned then the hem is sewn in place by hand using this simple lace trim to cover the seam, taking care not to catch the outer layer along the way. This task was lovingly accomplished by the brides’ Grandma Honey (my amazing and talented mom)!

Yesterday Uncle Lathum, Aunt Jenni and their kids came up to the house to pick up some projects. From bead stringing with the groom to paper punching and glitter gluing, they have been put to work.  Thank goodness for our wonderful family!!

Today we got to see some of their progress on Instagram:

20140127-185512.jpg

And some pre-progress:
Scott and Lath insta.jpgUnfortunately I was sort of side-lined today with a migraine and all it’s accompanying joys.  Hopefully I can hit the ground running in morning and “git ‘er done”!

 

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *